There will be changes... oh yes. Changes are coming. I'd like to leave them quiet until they're solid...
But first: I'm posting this blog from my current HQ: a mostly vacant house in Boynton Beach affectionately called "the cave." I'm going on week two in the cave, and I just finished dinner. Yum. Trying to kick the sinus infection, still a little woozy and sniffly.
I'm WAY behind on grading, and will return to that the moment I complete this minor distraction/post.
This being my third year at the film/tv/theatre arts charter school, I'm beginning to come in closer contact with my educational philosophy. Some will call it existentialist (certainly, the little exercise we did in my curriculum class @FAU led to that designation). I'd like to spend more time with both Free Skool and UnSchool theory before I cast my lot. Knowing me, I'll never fully cast my lot, but I'm willing to lean! At least I have some friends... meeting on Friday regarding plans/guiding questions for the human care center(?). I invited Sarah Goff, NC alum I re-met at Katheryn's B-Day Brunch on Sunday, hope Dawn and Daniel find that cool.
Fascinating research by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life published today: http://religions.pewforum.org
Also fascinating editorial by Charles Handy on NPR's Marketplace regarding growth management for organizations... http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/02/25/bonsai_business
Three new students in my 5th block class. It was a bit crazy today, and I'm sure they think I'm a total fruitcake. At least my longtime students can handle my antics. The new teacher has no idea how weird I am. Her cheeriness is quaint. I hope she feels comfortable enough to show her teeth.
Currently listening to This American Life's "Testosterone" episode... again. I don't think I've ever listened to the whole episode. I'd like to have desert, but I don't really have 'desert'... I always forget that when I'm shopping. Maybe some fruit.
OK back to grading. Ta!

No comments:
Post a Comment