Ok, I'm currently in Tucson, AZ, packing up my mom's house so we can move her to Gainesville, FL. Mercury is going into retrograde, and we've had quite a few stumbles, a few obstacles... but we are still standing!
I didn't come here directly from Reno. I was supposed to go from Reno to San Francisco, then fly to North Carolina for an unschooling conference and visiting friends (Melissa, Dawn & Daniel)...That didn't happen. I changed my plans because I met someone at Burning Man and chose to use that time getting to know him. So instead of NC, I flew to Los Angeles.
I am SO GLAD I flew to Los Angeles.
Here are a couple of pics of my time there...









Adequate Revelation / Dia De Los Muertos
7 years ago

1 comment:
Has anyone from the IDEC 2008 conference transcribed a post- conference, user friendly, update? Each time I go on line I hope to hear from someone, but, thus far, my mail box has escaped you. Travelling since we left Vancouver, I only returned home on Sunday - to find myself on full-time Grandma duty. Not much time for anything save keeping three heads above water - with as much humour as possible. Oh I am so out of practice. How did I raise four beautiful people. Anyway, it would be good to post out some information for any and all sleepy old UK inhabitants who are just waking up to the possibility of educating our young people to be confident, happy, interested and interesting personalities, instead of 'over' 'average' or 'under achievers'. I was thinking of starting with our Secretary of Education.
Before I go, can I just say thank you again to all the amazing human beings I met at the conference in BC University. What an education those 7 days were. And what a welcome you gave us - two strangers who dropped in from nowhere, at the very last minute, to see what, if anything, Democratic Education means in
2008. I am so happy I/we made the effort to join you. Living for seven days in a democratic community, with such vibrant, open-minded, warm-hearted people, of all ages and both genders, from around the globe, was a life-changing experience for me. The effort people put into getting to the 2008 conference, to both share and receive support and wisdom for a movement that is, undoubtedly, growing, is humbling. I am so happy to know you are all out there doing your stuff, for the world is a better place for your being here.
Here's to real education - to a future in which each human being has the freedom to discover their own truth and the joy therein.
Melody Wood
Post a Comment