Thursday, December 18, 2008

San Francisco, December 2-8, part 2: HoopGirl Level 2 Training



So, all of that playing in the city was a vacation. The real work began at 9am when my new friend Anne and I walked to catch the bus to Divisidero St. on the first day of HoopGirl Level 2 Teacher Training.

The HoopGirl Level 1 Training I attended in June in Tampa had been amazing, and I expected to one day sign up for Level 2... then in October I read in a HoopGirl e-newsletter that I could sign up for Level 2 & 3 at a discount, and spots were dwindling. What the hell, I thought. It can only serve me in the long run, even if I'm not teaching hoopdance classes RIGHT NOW.

The Level 2 Training is AMAZING! In all honesty, it was one of the most inspiring, exhausting, exhilarating workshops I've ever enjoyed. There are elements of the Level 2 training that I wish were STANDARD MANDATES for ALL SCHOOL TEACHERS EVERYWHERE. For a hint, check out the Institute of HeartMath.

AND THE HOOPING WAS AWESOME, but very physically demanding.

Anne Dellinger is a yoga teacher and devoted practitioner, who had already scoped out the yoga studio NEXT DOOR to our training facility... we stepped in quickly on the morning of the first day and scored free passes for a class that night. Yesssss!!!! We really needed it.

It was SO nice to have Anne as a hoopdance training partner- our energies complemented each other REALLY WELL, and she is SO brilliant and interesting. I think it is time to cultivate gratitude for all the fantastic spirits/guides I've encountered on my adventure, starting with Anne... ok, back to the training.

Well, I really can't tell too much about it... it IS a proprietary thing, you know?
So, PICTURES! Thanks to Scott Kowalchyk for these awesome shots:

























No comments: