I wish I could be forthright about my plans for next year, but I just need to keep it bottled up a little longer! I'm definitely looking forward to my summer adventures, however! Looks like I'll fly into New York City on June 22 or 23 and then take the train to Albany on the 26th.
I'm also compiling a reading list for the summer- I'd like to get as many titles through the FAU library as possible while I'm still a legit student. As an alum, I'd have to use a different card to check out books, and I don't have the alum card, and it costs something, and the hassle just seems unreasonable. As it comes together, I'll post the reading list here.
We're watching Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room in Economics this week, working on WWII projects in US History, and developing topics for the final weeks of Sociology. All in all, a VERY easy week for me and all my students- after all, we do have Spring Break next week. I think the worst of the year is definitely behind me! We'll do Personal Finance, then Business Organizations and finish with Globalization in Economics, (by the way, the films I use in these sections are, respectively: Fun with Dick & Jane, Maxed Out, The Corporation, and Darwin's Revenge). US History is SMOOTH SAILING after WWII (Cold War, HOORAY!), and the Sociology students will get to 'choose their own adventure' to close out their high school career. Nice!
Still reading "How to Grow a School"- had a couple of fascinating insights today, one from the book, and another through a conversation that started because someone saw the cover of the book and asked why I was reading it. I love serendipitous meetings in public places!
Then, there's the rest of the world chiming in: third graders plot to hurt teacher, student sues teacher... etc. And my continuing dialogue with Mr. Berger. Sigh. I suppose I've got to take the good with the bad and call it balance.
Tomorrow: training at The Farm (oooh! mysterious!) and then Friday- I'm looking to put together an old-fashioned 'Teachers' Conference' after school on Friday, perhaps downtown LW or WPB.
Adequate Revelation / Dia De Los Muertos
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment