Check out this NPR story about former Navy lawyer leaking names of Gitmo detainees to a human rights group (he just got out of the Brig)... http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89538109
If you want a really good personal primer on the Gitmo detainees, I recommend This American Life's award winning "Habeas Schmabeas" episode: http://thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?sched=1185
Spring break 08!
Grimy Styles ripped open Wednesday night at Oshea's, looking forward to seeing them tonight @ Bostons in Delray.
This dispatch, by the way, comes from the Nak.. not the cave.
Moving into Steve's house in about 2 weeks. Things to change: address, checks, license, voter registration, billing address... yikes!
Visited Grandpa in Homestead today... my newest joke to make him laugh: "Did you know that it's usually the MALE birds that sing? It's true. The male birds sing, the female birds just shake their heads and mutter 'why don't you just shut up already?' " I know, it's terrible, but it got a laugh, ok?
This just in: 3 kick ass events on deck. 1: Towntek Grand Opening, May 8. 2: Yo Mama's Big Fat Poetry Party @ Les Beans, May 16 (for my birthday!). 3: Yo Mama's Big Fat Going Away Party @ Soma, June 7.
Also, I just bought tickets for the Erykah Badu w/ the Roots show @ Mizner, May 20 (2nd row, what?!?!), very exciting. The Roots have a new album "Rising Down" coming out April 28, and Erykah Badu's "New Amerykah, Pt. 1 (4th World War)" (released in Feb) is my new favorite disc (I'm sorry to the Resolvers to have to say this... I just want MORE!).
Oh, and school begins again on Monday, but until then... well, don't stop til you get enuf!
Adequate Revelation / Dia De Los Muertos
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment