THIS WEEK: TownTek's Grand Opening on Lucerne, Thursday evening-night. IT WILL BE A PARTY. You should come. Really.
ALSO THIS WEEK: Spred the Dub @ City Limits in Delray Friday night, Blackfinger CD Release Saturday night @ Bamboo Room, and G-Star Open Mic Sunday evening.
Next Week: MY BIRTHDAY, MAY 16th is now Yo Mama's Big Fat Poetry Party @ Les Beans on 2nd ave in LW.
ALSO NEXT WEEK: Spam Allstars May 17 @ Bamboo Room (this is the birthday after-party, b.t.w.)
So, now that I've told my students, it is time to tell you: South Florida, I'm leaving.
Yep, its true.
Nothing against you, I still love this area, especially Lake Worth.
I still love your beaches.
I just need to see the rest of the country for a little while, that's all.
I'm too obsessed with my research. It's time to broaden my literal horizons.
Since December, I've been meeting with Dawn and Daniel about a "human care center" that would include a school, organic farm, and holistic health care facility. Throughout the spring I've been researching different schooling options in different states. I've very torn between a free school or homeschool resource center model, so I'm going to visit at least one of each for fall 2008 and spring 2009, though I'm really starting my travels in June.
I moved back to Lake Worth at the end of April, just before Sunfest. I'm living with Talya again, and very comfy. It doesn't look like I'll be moving again until June, when I'll start by driving to Tampa for a HoopDance Teacher Training. Then I fly to New York, hangout with Kate Watson (and hopefully Megan Mook) for 2 days and then up to Troy on a train for the AERO conference (www.educationrevolution.org). I'll stay there until July. That's the only part I'm stuck on: what should I do the first 2 weeks in July, hangout in New York? I'm expecting to volunteer for Brave New Voices in mid-July, and then there is a homeschool resource center workshop near Amherst, MA. After that, it's probably back to South Florida or stay in Amherst or go to Albany. I don't know yet.
I'm reading John Holt's "Dumbing Us Down" and a book on The Sudbury School. I still haven't completely finished "How to Grow A School". I'm also pretty well through the state by state legal analysis from the Homeschool Legal Defense Association.
A little insight into my thoughts on education in general is forthcoming here... after my birthday!
Congrats to G-Star Class of 2008!
Adequate Revelation / Dia De Los Muertos
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment