I'm leaving Vancouver tomorrow. Tonight I was able to check out Stacie Boscma on tour at the Van Slam (Cafe Duex Soleils) with some IDEC friends.
It is amazing, given how much time I spent in childcare/Windsor House live, that I even MADE friends at IDEC... ok, maybe just improbable.
My IDEC highlight goes like this: on Thursday, I led a field trip to the Purple Thistle Center with nearly 25 people from IDEC. We took 2 hot bus rides....
to the Purple Thistle...




to Casa de Gelato (218 flavors... seriously... and it miraculously appeared when it was SO HOT OUT!)!!!!!

Other IDEC moments for you to enjoy include:
games...

after the 2 hour long post-variety-show-jam, trying to find the power switch on the sound board....
expressive conversations...
infinite hours of dress-up...

and trying to find a pub on a Sunday night in Vancouver near a university before the semester begins...
and lots of friendships!


Lessons learned... there are a LOT of these, but they'll have to wait until I get to Arizona tomorrow.
Did I mention I'm going to BURNING MAN?!?!?!?!
Adequate Revelation / Dia De Los Muertos
7 years ago

1 comment:
Love the IDEC photos! I have a great one of you with an ice cream cone that I'll post to Facebook soon. Thanks for corralling all the troops -- you were a great tour guide and didn't even need a little flag to direct us!
I'm so glad we got to know each other even though as you say, you were spending most of your waking hours with the kiddies.
Post a Comment