Saturday, August 9, 2008

Still in Vancouver... leading up to IDEC 2008

Well, I'm still here. It's a bit chilly out, unquantifiable so (celsius?). Yeah leggings!

So I'm sitting at a large dining table full of sheets of paper and little stickies which together comprise the IDEC 2008 schedule. We've gone through 2 major revisions so far, and the last one should take place in a couple of hours. Then it is off to the copy shop!

Tomorrow I help haul equipment and materials to the conference site, and then I stay there- I'll be on the campus of the University of British Columbia tomorrow afternoon through Monday Aug 18.

Maps are made and copied. Ditto self scheduling schematics. Now its down to final signs and (of course) the conference program, which is waiting for the schedule to finally resolve itself (for now).

Staying at Meghan's home has been eventful- people come and go... Meghan's kids run around and sometimes fuss and whine... dishes pile up and then are cleared... phone is always ringing or in use... awesome next door neighbor with recently broken arm comes over to chat or have shoes tied... staying here is an exercise in balance: you do exactly what can be done that needs to be done right now, and hope you do it in a way that affects the least number of people in a negative or time-consuming way.

Next update: IDEC 2008!! Yeah!!

No comments: