Ok, the story behind the title to this post is at the bottom, but it is good for a giggle.
I had such a lovely visit in Lake Worth- biking, visiting, reading, talking, listening, dancing, hooping, swimming... I can't wait to move back permanently! Yay! And I'm glad Steve is finally home.
Monday was a wondrous whirlwind of bustle, punctuated by serious hang-out/slacking. I didn't have a chance to make it back to G-Star, unfortunately. I did finish my work in the storage unit, and I got to deliver/ship some goods to some folks.
Clare (my stunning chauffeur!) swung downtown to scoop me up and we hustled to her condo to grab my luggage (I'm experimenting with a new suitcase, it has pink and green polka dots- results are fair) AND to pick up my WonderWhirl documents... OH! What is a WonderWhirl, you ask? Well, fellow Florida Level 1 HoopGirl Instructor Gina, in Punta Gorda, has an incredible hoopmaking business- her hoops are called WonderWhirls, and are painstakingly handcrafted (not just handmade). I've been dreaming of ordering one for a while- because her process is so intricate, and because of the materials she uses, it seemed like a potentially decent traveling hoop (i had considered collapsible, too, but I'd rather have a special custom hoop than a collapsible, at least right now). Finally, while home in Lake Worth, I emailed her and sent a check. She used my astrological profile, the mythology behind my name, my favorite colors and music and her intuition to craft SpinDelicious, a pink and green masterpiece with rose quartz and other small crystals inside. We had to swing by the Palm Beach post office to pick her (the hoop) up, and we immediately put ourselves in a whirl (before we even removed the packaging!


Ok, I flew to New York around 7 on Monday, arriving around 10.... I flew JetBlue. As I walked up to the ticket counter, everyone started to stare at me and my WonderWhirl, SpinDelicious. Two of the ticket agents hooped with her before whisking her away to hand deliver to the baggage crew:

- took a cab to Kate's house (yes its a HOUSE) and chilled there all of Tuesday, trying to catch up on my online classes. Wednesday (today) I picked up a big coat at the Salvation Army and grabbed my luggage for the train ride to Albany. All in all, things went really smoothly, especially considering I've never traveled with a hoop before!
So now comes the story from which we derive the title of today's post.
This afternoon, I went for a walk in Albany. Some icy stuf was flying around, and I stopped a man to ask him what it was (I've seen snow, and this was NOT snow).
"Are you from around here?" I asked.
"Yeah."
"Alright, what would you call... this..?" I gestured about in the air, intending to point out the icy stuff flying around.
"A shithole." He responded curtly.
Hmm....
Adequate Revelation / Dia De Los Muertos
7 years ago

2 comments:
You were in Yorkie and I no got to see you. WTF? My fault for not charging my phone with perpetual diligence. Gimme a heads up in advance next time. Love, G
wow! this is soooo cool! hope The Divine Miss T & SpinDelicious are happily hooping harmoniously! hOOpLove ~gina~
Post a Comment