
Yesterday's thoughts-
"Today is Sunday. I’m sitting in a train station in Springfield, MA. Just left Boston: Rock the Bells (Pharcyde!!!) 
and the New England Aquarium.
Just left Talya, after a LOOOOONG train ride....
and most of her family.
From here, I’ll be staying with, learning from and working with near strangers until I stop in Tucson to see my mom.
Haven’t yet communicated much with the many friends I’ve made along the way, but I believe some of them have kept along with my journeys.
Ordinary life seems so mediocre and colorless after all of these experiences. A great example of this was the Rock the Bells Show. No space to dance (really), smoke everywhere, people spilling drinks inside themselves… it was infantile. I remember when the greatest thrill of my life was standing in a large auditorium full of people who share my adoration of the musicians on stage. I’m certainly not 15 anymore. I’m comparing THAT experience to the hip hop show in Madison- educators institute folks everywhere, hoops to play with, plenty of dancing space, no clouds of smoke to dodge- totally different and MUCH BETTER show. Also comparing it to Sunfest. I suppose nothing beats a hometown party. Maybe I’ll come back for Sunfest?!"
Last night I went to a Sufi Zicr. It was AWEsome. Here's the Wikipedia link for more info. It was put on by representatives of an abode in New Lebanon, NY. The event took place at a beautiful zen buddhist/world religions center nearby (Montague, MA?).
All day today is brain work. My host, John, had a hoop (courtesy of a local Pioneer Valley hooper Shenandoah) and I got to wake up hooping today- GRRREAT! Now, I'm in NorthStar, Self-Directed Learning for Teens, in day of one-on-one conversations with the founders and staff. More on that later...
Wednesday I leave for Vancouver.
Adequate Revelation / Dia De Los Muertos
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment