I kind of knew this would happen- the spontaneous energy rush that engulfed me the moment I hit the bed to contemplate the entirety of this moment. This is my last night in Lake Worth before the first of a multi-legged trip. I'm petrified and elated and exhausted and buzzed... I've always felt that my muse has bad timing, now I have proof: amidst the dancing to/fro the fridge (for last bite of precious saved cookie), the poem-bits whizzing round my brain, the drum beats in my chest cavity, I admit that I feel more than a little insane.
Here's hoping a little dribble of writing will calm me down so I can sleep. I'd love to make this an all-nighter, but I'm not 23 anymore (or 25, or 27) and even I can't justify dusk-til-dawn-art-binging at a time like this. Friday will be the first of three 8-hour days of hoop training intensives. I need to rest this body of mine! I did tweak my knee somehow on Monday or Monday night, and have been trying to take it easy, after all. Plus I've decided to take TWO shoulder bags instead of just one, and have thus weighed myself down in a way I wasn't anticipating.
Rahb will meet me at the train station in Tampa. I love Google Maps (don't you?)- I could probably WALK from the train station to his house, but I doubt it would be a very pleasant walk... it's about 2-3 miles, with luggage. I was originally going to rent a car, but then I remembered: oh yeah, I HATE driving a car these days (duh, I sold mine!), why bother? Amtrak it is- they have this Florida Rail Pass ($249) for a year's worth of travel between Florida destinations. Gainesville? Orlando? Tampa? Tallahassee? Jax? Even Sarasota. Pretty incredible, actually.
I am REALLY sad, too.
I've been casting about for a REASON to stay. To say- 'forget it! I'm comfortable, I'm happy, and I'm staying!'
This is not to say that my friends aren't wonderful, that the school isn't wonderful, but... these are not REASONS- they're people, and I'm not afraid of losing them. There is really NO REASON for me to be here now, and many reasons to GO GO GO! And that's a very sobering realization.
I had a beautiful day working with my mother today. It was a rare and wonderful experience, and deserved acknowledgement. My mom rocks.
I'll leave off with a silly picture Kate and I took of ourselves in front of a bunch of people in front of the giant Christmas tree @ Rockefeller Center in December. So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Adequate Revelation / Dia De Los Muertos
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment