
Here's a picture I took of the clouds over New York as we descended on Monday.
You know that moment when you decide there is SOMETHING in your closet you really need, and in order to find it you must disassemble your barely operational organization system (oh, that might just be me!)... so you do, because you must, and in doing so... yes, you may find that ONE thing, but you also are now surrounded by a BUNCH of stuff that you had forgotten that you needed as well and now require your immediate attention to place or decipher just so you can recreate some semblance of balance?
Ok, so that's how my brain is right now, and it is only day one (really).
Its always so funny to me that I forget how messy and problematic IDEAS can be.
THIS IS GOING TO BE A LONG CONFERENCE. I do like all the people here, though. I've met school starters, parents, students, thinkers, writers, and other teachers... and all of them are VITAL and THRIVING in experiments all over the world. One person I met is Elana who has ties to both LW and G-ville, so we have mutual friends... triple cool (you know you're on the right path when...).
I also am dealing with A LOT of guilt about leaving G-Star. It is something I hoped this conference would alleviate, but so far it has only made the feeling worse. I resort to hip hop lyrics, here Talib Kwali "I tried to fit it in the same rhyme, but realized I can't be everything to everyone at the same time." (Everything Man, from EarDrum-an album I highly recommend).
Tomorrow all the workshops and discussions start, so I need SLEEP!
Adequate Revelation / Dia De Los Muertos
7 years ago

1 comment:
Guilt over this is ego. Drop it. Forget your sense of self. Let your mind be absorbed by your journey. You are a tiny spark of light among infinite sparks. Just focus on being that omnipotent spark that melts endlessly into the universal fabric. Not the confines of "Miss Tanenbaum". And keep those fervor laden lyrics coming. I've got 2 die hard hymns from the late 80s/early 90s to hit you back with....
THE 1st is "I Got Ta" BY MASTA ACE.
FOLLOW THE LYRICS AS YOU LISTEN TO THE SONG ON YOUTUBE.....
http://www.lyricstime.com/masta-ace-incorporated-i-got-ta-lyrics.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB0n0WxoyaU
THE 2nd IS "GET WISE '91" BY MR. LIF and EDAN:
http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Mr-Lif/Get-Wise-91.html
http://youtube.com/watch?v=njgZ_GGYnoo
DON'T FORGET TO USE THE LINKS SIMUTANEOUSLY.
Post a Comment