Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day Seven- where am I again?

Ok, so I'm not in Albany, really- I'm in Troy, NY. It is REALLY small. I just arrived today for the Alternative Education Resource Organization Conference, and I'll be here for nearly a week.

While I was in NYC for two days I did get to spend a lot of lovely time with Kate, and some time with Kerry Downey and Melissa Norton. LOVE! I didn't take many pictures-my camera battery died- and there are a few places I REALLY want to go in NYC that I didn't get the chance to... but I'll be returning for a week after I leave here, so it's all good.

Gil whisked me through mid morning traffic to Penn station, and caught a fare from there! The train ride up was easy and very lush. Leftover Burmese food hit the spot, and I even napped a bit. I watched a deer watching us.

I have two little items with me from lovely former students- one of Stef's necklaces and a compass (I've used it a few times) from Mary Kathryn- thanks!

I'm sure I'll have more to say after some sleep and a bunch of workshops in the next few days.

No comments: