



Are we having fun or what?!?!
Abby of HoolaMonsters (http://www.hoolamonsters.com, top photo) made it possible for Christabel of Hoopgirl to bring her teacher certification program to Tampa, FL and WE ARE SOOOO GRATEFUL! This is Christabel's first training on the east coast EVER. I have been having a ridiculously good time, alongside a really joyful, loving group of Florida hoopers. I believe this might be the beginning of a dedicated statewide hooping community, and its about time! Tomorrow is the last day of the training, and I look forward to seeing press and web-presence from all my fellow hooping experts... Morgan, Lauren, Danielle (561-represent!!!), Christine, Joe, Jodie, Abby, Leandra, Gina, and Jessica- it has been a supreme pleasure to hoop with you. Thanks Christabel for all the hooptastic fun and truly inspiring experience. Hoopgirl.com, players!
While in St Pete I had a chance to return to the State Theatre for a Toubab Krewe show. I ended up hearing a band called the Bird Street Players (check 'em out on myspace) who really rocked out... until, in the middle of the second song, the power just kind of cut out in one of the amps, or something, I don't know because I don't know shit about sound... anyway, the band stopped playing, started to confer with the staff, and... well, apparently the power had dropped by about half what was necessary for the show. Candles came out, for crying out loud. Well, I did get to hear an acoustic jam (an hour later) from Bird Street and then Toubab Krewe, and WOW. And then, back to Rahb's to sleep.
Monday I fly to New York, so find me there!!!
Adequate Revelation / Dia De Los Muertos
7 years ago

1 comment:
i love these beautiful fun pictures Cassidy!
we miss you round these parts
but i am certainly glad to be thinking of you "out there" doing awesome happy things.
LOVE rae (aka Chel)
Post a Comment