Thanks to all who had the luxury of being able to attend the party last night @ Soma, hope you had a great time 'cause I surely did! All that great art...is now on our dining room table! Great moments are indeed EVERYWHERE, and the hoops are now officially AT SOMA (and available anytime they are open- spontaneous hoop jam, anyone?).
Please email me if I can to add you to my address book...
The Paid Dues tour visited Ft Lauderdale, and we visited it ourselves last night post party. Club Cinema in Pompano is an excellent venue, but I have even less tolerance for cigarette smoke than EVER BEFORE (can I get an 'amen'?). We missed Solillaquists of Sound, but caught Blackalicious- strikes and gutters. The crowd was pretty cool, but also small: is this just a trough in the So FLa underground hip hop scene, or is it bad promotion? Clare and I were able to get a ride home with some fun folk- thanks fun folk!
So now that's done, here comes the easy part. I'm in flux for the next 1.5 weeks: I'll spend a dash of time @ school, a pinch of time @ home, a sprinkle of time @ Soma and Les Beans... here and there. I've been trying to convince someone to go with me to Universal Studios sometime this or next week, not because I particularly LOVE it, but because we get that free Florida educator pass, and it seems a shame to let it go to waste! If you are looking for me, perhaps you'll find me. I'm still trying to do interviews with individuals about their experiences with homeschooling or other educational alternatives... if you are interested in a conversation about this PLEASE CONTACT ME!
Bess is coming to town to put on a Co-Lab workshop with the Community Foundation of Broward County next week!
I think early next week I'll start cleaning and packing for the final time. Seems inefficient to start now, though it IS on my mind a lot lately- how many skirts should I bring? What about jackets/hoodies: is one enough? until July? What if I don't have time to switch out my wardrobe that ONE DAY I return in July? Hmmm...is this a question of logistics, spatial dynamics, aesthetics, or personal preference? Oh dear. What a quintessentially human moment- packing a bag, archeology in reverse.
Adequate Revelation / Dia De Los Muertos
7 years ago

2 comments:
Cas,
I was homeschooled and would love to have a conversation about it...
LIZ!!! I'm emailing you shortly!
Post a Comment